All 60 art Reviews

Hissed Connections Page 26 Hissed Connections Page 26

Perhaps the handiest word to know in any language.

...well, right after "toilet."

The Price The Price

Even just as basic sketches your drawings have such a refined look to them. Lots of people (myself included) couldn't get these kinds of relatively smooth curves and lines in one stroke, especially on a sketch, and especially-especially using what I'm guessing is just a normal pen on a rough, uneven paper towel. Getting to see your physical drawings is really interesting, too - they have a different kind of expressiveness than your digitally-made works. I think it's partly because of the shading, and because you use lines for shapes here when your digital pictures largely use solids for shapes. It's a really cool comparison.

callmedoc responds:

I really appreciate you taking the time for this. I seldom really reflect on the way I work with art since like most artists I just do it and have been for a long while. It made me for a moment muse and think upon the difference of the work, and it's roots. Thank you kindly!

Positivey Positivey

Oh my, aren't they sassy? Love their looks, love their body language, love what I assume is their jewelry. Makes me wanna strike a pose myself.

The Wolves Of Online Outrage The Wolves Of Online Outrage

"Quick! Say something flattering and completely sincere about them! Even if it doesn't weaken them, it'll confuse the hell out of them long enough for you to escape! They can't comprehend positivity!"

I would love to see the events leading up to this scenario.

Friend Made Friend Made

I would watch/read the hell out of this if it was a series. I mean seriously, that last part sounds like a sales pitch for a tv show or something, and a pretty entertaining one at that.

..It's me.. ..It's me..

May their squishy glory embrace you in eternal hugs. All hail the squish god!

Person Mcperson Face Person Mcperson Face

Poor, terrified fellow human Chad. This is certainly something new from you. I like it! Any chance Person McPersonface might hang around a while?

callmedoc responds:

Probably. Apparently they quickly became an unofficial mascot for the Amazon warehouse, so I may do something more with them.

Battle against a Weird Guy Battle against a Weird Guy

Oh man, I would play the hell out of this. Great job with the design, I could immediately recognize you were going for an EarthBound vibe, especially with the trippy background and text boxes. Just looking at this makes me want to press the A button. I think it's the blinking arrow in the upper right.

JohnnyTwoByFour responds:

Thanks so much! Glad you appreciate the design, I wanted it to be as precise as possible!

Heartache Heartache

The lighting and perspective on this are really well-done! It gives her an imposing, towering appearance, and it looks like the air itself is starting to heat up from all the fire she's tossing around. Her expression is a good mix between sad and determined, and I also like the way you've got her clothes flowing around her, and just the few subtle liberties you've taken with her appearance in general, like the nail-claws on her feet and her horns being a bit more pronounced. The only thing that strikes me as noticeably odd is that she kind of looks like she's wearing red mascara. It doesn't look particularly wrong or bad, just maybe out of place or even only unexpected, given the cooler tones of her outfit when it's not surrounded by monster-fire.

Bunny & Strawberry Bunny & Strawberry

Is this a thing? Like a thing that exists beyond this one picture? Because I like this. I'd like to see more of this. You've got an interesting color palette here, and their attitudes are well-conveyed. And is that strawberry going to explode?

Animudio responds:

HAHA! Thanks so much for this comment! Made my day! As much as I want this to be a thing, I'm currently working on my webcomic cloudJUMPERS over on Tumblr. Who knows! Maybe they'll make a cameo!

P.S. Yes those are Strawberry Sugar Bombs ready to explode!!